Saturday 28 September 2013

You have got to be kidding me!

I've been at Derby today, playing in the Bolt Action tournament. More on that tomorrow (there's more games to play before it's over), but when I got home I checked out the new Warhammer Dark Elf releases. I have one thing I need to get off my chest.

£35 for 10 plastic Witch Elves? What the hell are they smoking? Who do they think would actually pay that? And I don't even like the posing on the minis (not a fan of including themed scenery on bases as standard).

Even as I write this, I know that plenty of people will actually pay that. And because of that there's a good chance this is going to become the new price for new plastic minis.

Oh well, plenty of alternatives out there to GW.

Anyway, rant over. My next post will be more cheerful.

p.s. Someone should point out to GW that their one-click collection of Witch Elves is actually £9 more expensive than buying the boxes separately. Unless that's the point of course.

1 comment:

  1. Part of the reason I left the Games Workshop genre years ago. Overpriced for what you get. Beautiful figures but good grief they are so expensive. But they are still in business so they must be doing something right.

    ReplyDelete